Wednesday, September 05, 2007

It's raining men!

OK, not *really* - but it IS raining! This is the first rain we've had since I moved to Arkansas and it's a doozy! It occurred to me that BJ hasn't had to mow the crunchy, former shell of a lawn since we moved here therefore I've been denied the vision of a sweaty, shirtless BJ out in the yard doing man stuff. I mean I'm completely capable of mowing a lawn (though my former neighbors in Columbia might disagree) but if there's someone else stepping up to the plate to do it, then I'm all for that!!

The only downside of the aforementioned rain is my need to run. I don't know if I've ever fully disclosed on this blog that I am a complete klutz therefore running on wet pavement always makes me a wee bit nervous. I'm determined, however, to train faithfully for my next race. If for no other reason than to have a strong showing against BJ who is shaping up to be quite the runner. And BTW future mother-in-law, no - it's not funny at all that BJ is faster than me. It's a cruel knife in my adult onset athlete side that someone who just started running earlier this summer can already kick my ass. As a matter of fact, my future sister-in-law and brother-and-law are also doing the infamous Couch to 5K program and I'm sure it's only a matter of weeks before they're beating me too. If only I was marrying into a family of really obese and lazy people, THEN I could be the fast one. If only I had thought of that before ....
But does anyone really think I could be that shallow??
[Hint, yes I really could be :) ]

Well I'll just have to content myself with being the better looking runner of this marriage. With my cute running skirts, waterproof mascara, and full makeup - at least I'll be the one looking pretty at the finish line.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Jenn,
You are a woman, so yes I can believe you are that shallow!!! Me on the other hand would be happy as hell if my wife was faster than I am. I still can't get her off the couch. LOL