Monday, January 14, 2008

Ode to Jane


I was so excited this morning to wake up and when I turned on the TV I found that an exciting program had just started!!

I should qualify this statement and say *exciting* to me, a complete freak when it comes to all things Jane Austen. There right in front of me was the PBS premiere of Masterpiece Theater's Persuasion!!

Even better????

The role of Sir Elliot - the somewhat evil and vain father of our heroine Anne Elliot - was played by Giles from Buffy!!! Double bonus!!

So I excitedly drank my coffee and immersed myself in a time where women who had reached the age of 27 were sadly unmarriageable .... except in the world of my beloved Jane where the intelligent though not always beautiful woman gets her well deserving man in the end.

Apparently PBS is doing a complete works of Jane Austen this month so my TV fix that has been unsatisfied due to the writer's strike can continue!!

1 comment:

JCR said...

Oh wow, Giles!! I hadn't heard about this show. I'll have to check it out.