Thursday, January 17, 2008

Rhinestones and sparkly things!

Though I am of the female persuasion I do NOT like to shop.
Matter of fact, I hate it!

Now that the wedding is looming a mere 8 weeks away, I realized that I would actually have to complete my wedding outfit. I've got the dress, veil, and shoes .... ooooo did I mention my shoes?!?!? I knew that I wanted something purple to match the accent color on my dress (not to mention, I'm not the type to wear white shoes - BORING) and I looked into getting them dyed, but the dye is not waterproof. I could only imagine it being wet or rainy and having purple feet and splotchy shoes etc. I started looking online and found some at Nordstroms that were acceptable, but didn't have the pizazz I wanted. Then I found these awesome ones from Guess? and they were even on clearance with only three sizes in stock - one of them my 8 1/2!! They are fabulous!! Total stripper heel with rhinestones! Very sexy and something I'll wear again with some fitted jeans. Damn, they're $8 cheaper than I paid, that always irks me!

Wow, 4 inch stripper heels!! You're thinking to yourself, "that's not very practical!" I respond, well that's the beauty of a planned elopement. I don't have to worry about dancing in them, walking around and greeting people all night. Basically I just need to stay aloft for my adorable BJ and if I trip and fall, surely he won't laugh ... too hard.

OK so enough about the shoes, I have all the basics but I don't have the flair. You know, the earrings, necklace etc. One of my coworkers told me about this place called Accessory City with tons of cheap rhinestone and special event jewelry. I was a little dubious but let me tell you it WAS all that. I found exactly what I wanted, something silvery, and purplely and rhinestoney and the set of necklace, bracelet and earrings cost me $10.83! I had so much money left over and burning a hole in my pocket that I shelled out $6 for a rhinestone barrette for my hair. Now don't worry, I'm not going to look all pageant queen - I am forgoing a tiara, but this is my one and only wedding so a little glitz and glamour will be a fun respite from my normal jeans and Birkenstocks. We even hired a photographer so there will be photographic evidence of Jenn all glammed up because seriously my friends and family would never believe it!!

3 comments:

Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

Lovin' the shoes! I happen to have a pair of purple guess crazy heels in my own closet. Perhaps that's why I like you. : )

Anonymous said...

mmm, stripper heels!!! I can't wait!

JCR said...

Eight weeks??? Wow!!! That is so exciting, as is your ability to find affordable bling. I can't wait to see pictures. The shoes are amazing!